I am lucky enough to be this year’s Program Chair of KONVENS 2012, the 11th Conference on Natural Language Processing. The history of KONVENS goes back to 1992, and it is held in a two-year rotation, organized by
- the Austrian Society for Artificial Intelligence (ÖGAI),
- the German Society for Language Technology and Computational Linguistic (GSCL), and
- the German Society for Linguistics, Section Computational Linguistics (DGfS-CL).
KONVENS 2012 will be held from September 19-21, 2012 in Vienna and I strongly encourage everyone with an interest in natural language processing to visit the conference. This year, we have a very strong technical program, including
- invited talks by Hermann Ney (RWTH Aachen) and Marco Baroni (Università di Trento);
- two days of oral and poster presentations;
- one additional day of workshops.
Please visit the conference website for further details. I should also add that the adjacent weekend is a great opportunity to extend your stay and get to know the city.
I am looking forward to seeing you in Vienna!